Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Thoughts

We have been up to a lot and I have many photos to satisfy grandmaternal hearts, but I thought I would link to some thoughts I have been having on the political scene. I have always somewhat followed politics, but lately I have been feeling almost a basic free-floating anxiety about the state of affairs. The booming budget deficit, an impending man-made health care disaster (if it passes) . . . I feel like I am on a ship headed for a waterfall and everyone else on board is happily going along for the ride. Our poor children. I fear they will never recover from the disasters we are creating for them with our selfish and short-sighted political choices today.

Please, if you disagree with me, I would love to hear your words of comfort. I have truly never more wanted to be wrong. Read here, if interested.

4 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Sadly, I think you are all too right.

Lyndsay said...

I want to disagree, but I've been feeling the same concern about the future. In fact, I'll add to your list--what about the pending environmental regs?

alexandra said...

Lyndsay, the environ regs seem to me to be another disaster. I think Obama is even on tape saying that he hopes to bankrupt the coal industry in America. At least he is honest about it, I guess. I would feel sorry for Penn and Ohio but they voted for him!

Gina said...

I was having the same discouraging thoughts when Alex told me to have the faith that in the end things will work out somehow as we know that Christ will eventually reign supreme. I appreciated his having an eternal perspective and I also find comfort that there are good people like yourself who will continue to stand up for the right. Not exactly words of comfort for the state of things now, but better than nothing!