Monday, July 13, 2009

If Price Were No Object

This is the house I would live in. It is on my very favorite street in the entire DC metro area. You can't miss the virtual tour.

This is the mascara I would use:


This is the school I would send the boys to. I like a single-sex education, and I like the particular method of this school. Of course, I also love Fairfax Christian, so long as it remains what once was, even if it lacks the uniforms, that is where they would go for K-4. (I am very pro-uniform.)

I know I should have a car of choice, but in reality I don't know much about cars and don't have any real desires beyond a minivan (or maybe Suburban?). Leather interior is as far as I really get.

I told Brigham that if I lived in that house on Newark St that I would never have occassion to be irritable again. He doesn't believe me, but I would like him to call my bluff.

11 comments:

Rach and Todd said...

Alexandra, every time I read one of your posts I remember how much I like you and how lame I was for not hanging out with you more often when we were neighbors. Lame Lame Lame.

Ashley said...

That house is just making me sad. We went and looked at DUMPS today that are probably out of our pricerange anyway. People of our station and caliber should be in homes like that.

Michelle said...

that house is amazing! wow! I could totally see tiny little Allie driving a suburban. I love it! and Scott (Jenny's husband) went to Landon School. We've gone to the Azalea Festival w/ them there and it's so fun.

alexandra said...

Ashley, that house always makes me sad. I used to go running on that street and felt like Emily in Our Town as I watched those people shuffle out in their bathrobes to get the paper or pick up their dog's poop and then wipe its bum. (Well, that is what I think they do)

alexandra said...

Rachel, our friendship didn't have enough time! :) (I really think that, though.) I wish we had hung out more, too.

Momo Cannon said...

Does it have room for Grandpa and Momo to live there too?

Tat said...

That is a storybook house. And why can't you guys afford it? I mean, Brig is a LAWYER.

Tat said...

P.S. I am also pro-uniform. I wish the U.S. would have uniforms in all public schools.

The Cannons said...

When I look at that house I get the "Pottery Barn Syndrome" where I can't even go into the store with out thinking that every single item for sale would look marvelous in my home (if I owned a home..that is). All I need to do is sell my body, drugs, and maybe my kids and then I could afford that house. $4 million...that's nothing. Have you seen my body...stretch marks and all?

Sister Tara Bowen said...

That house is so pretty. And great job unlocking the magic that made Will sleep through the night. I'm still working on the magic that will make Isaac a divine toilet-driven individual.

Alisha said...

When you cough up the 4.5 mil to buy that place, I want to move into the Rapunzel wing. I promise to grow my hair out for the occasion.