I usually feel embarrassed and self-conscious of doing these tag posts bc I feel that they are boring for others. So, disclaimer and apology ready, here is my Tag
10 Years Ago I:
1) was a missionary in Pichilemu, Chile
2) felt guilty for reading Mere Christianity and Lion, Witch and Wardrobe on my P-Days (books are off-limits to missionaries)
3) weighed an extra 20 or so pounds
4) Was telling many, many Chileans that I was "cynico." (It means dishonest, liar etc; I thought it meant pessimistic or cynical.) I was always surprised by their reactions, which I took to be extreme. "Que horible!" seemed a drastic reaction to my admission that I sometimes thought the glass was half-empty.
5) was pouring salt on my cereal (Zucaritas)
5 Things on My To-Do List:
1) nap while Andrew is at school (he does this only once a week)
2) go to the thrift store and get a kitchen table finally
3) nail down Halloween costumes (where can I get a toddler skeleton that is more cute than creepy?)
4) tidy up the . . . I will settle for just my bedroom
5) go to the cupcake party
5 Snacks I Enjoy:
1) ice cream wtih pretzles crushed up in it
2) saltines with pizza sauce and mozzerella cheese melted in a mug inthe microwave. It is good, you guys.
5) chocolate chip cookies
5 Things I would Do if I were a Millionaire:
1) buy a house on Newark St in NW DC. Front Porch a must.
2) Send my kids to great private schools
3) Donate to causes I believed in, get things named after me :)
4) Eat out and bring home
5) hire a babysitter once a week to go out with Brig so I could stay home and relax. :)
Five Places I have Lived:
1) an overpriced apartment that was awesome in Cleveland Park, DC
2) an old pink farmhouse that I thought may be haunted in McLean, Va
2) a fetid, brown and poorly-named condo (we shall refer to it as BDA) in Provo, Ut where I once thought my roommate might attack
4) a lovely home in Rancagua, Chile where the shower had a shower glass window on a wall that allowed us to look out into the hallway. Awkward.
5) a hotel room in Cairo, Egypt where I posed as a married woman and ate a lot of pizza
Five Jobs I Have Had:
1) judicial law clerk at Utah Sup Ct
2) summer associate DPW
3) info desk, BYU
4) Kiddie Camp Counselor, Spring HIll rec (i was way better at this than anything else I have been paid to do)
5) Sandwich maker, Skyroom.